With On-Board PSS Monitoring all relevant faults can be modeled, detected and isolated. In addition to classic fault models, e.g. (creeping) short circuits, line breakages, contact loss, aging / corrosion / contact deterioration or loose contacts, also complex fault events, e.g. arcs in 48 V vehicle networks, can be detected. On-Board PSS Monitoring can also be used in the planning process of a power network. By optimizing the distribution of measuring points, a complete monitoring of the on-board network can be achieved with a minimum number of sensors.
- Full modelling of the on-board power supply System
- Continuous simulation and control of the power supply system state
- Detection of faults
- Control of network branches without sensors also possible
- Also applicable to hybrid power supplies
- Useful aid for on-board power supply design
A German patent application was filed, patent filings outside of Germany are still possible. The method was simulated and experimentally verified.
On behalf of the Dortmund University of Technology, we offer interested companies the possibility to obtain licensing and further development of the Technology.